As with any other method of making up a feed, it is essential that good hygiene practices are observed in the use and maintenance of your Perfect Prep machine. It is very important that your everyday routine includes simple hygiene steps such as keeping formula away from the hopper and only ever holding the top of the filter. Ensure your hands and all surfaces that come in to contact with the machine and its components are clean, and that the unit is away from direct sunlight and heat sources.
REGULAR CLEANING ADVICE:
For hygiene and safety reasons you should clean your unit on a regular basis. We recommend you carry out this cleaning cycle every 4 weeks, whenever you replace your Tommee Tippee water filter or if the machine has been unused for a period of 7 days.
TIP: carry out the cleaning process when your tank light is illuminated so there is no need to discard of any water.
- Remove the lid, hopper and bottle stand and set the filter to one side (top side down). Clean the external machine surface with a clean cloth (it is advisable to use an antibacterial solution), taking care to clean in all grooves and under the dispenser spout. At this time the lid, hopper and bottle stand should also be cleaned using hot soapy water, rinsed thoroughly, and allowed to dry naturally (do not use cloths or tea towels to dry).
- Plug in the unit, the empty tank warning light will illuminate.
THERE ARE TWO OPTIONS TO CHOOSE FROM FOR YOUR INITIAL CLEANING CYCLE:
- Using a cold water sterilising solution (following manufacturer guidelines for using with 1.8 litres of water), add required amount to the water tank. Fill the tank to the max line with cold water and place a suitable container under the dispenser spout.
- Pour 1 litre of clear/ white (food grade) vinegar into the water tank. Top up the water tank to the max line with freshly boiled water and place a suitable container under the dispenser spout.
- Press the cleaning button on the side of the machine for 2 seconds to start a cleaning cycle. The cleaning light will illuminate.
TIP: If using a container less than 1.8 litres in capacity, you can press the start button to pause the cleaning cycle, allowing you to discard of the contents. Re-start the cycle by pressing the cleaning button, allowing the cycle to fully complete.
- Discard of the contents from the container used.
- Boil a fresh kettle of water. Refit the cleaned hopper and fill the water tank with the boiled water. Replace the empty container under the spout.
- Press the cleaning button on the side of the machine for 2 seconds to start a cleaning cycle. The cleaning light will illuminate. Allow the cycle to fully complete, using the pause functionality if required.
- The tank empty warning light will illuminate once the water has flushed through the system.
- Discard of the contents from the container, placing the container back under the spout.
- Refit your Tommee Tippee filter to the hopper, being careful to only handle the top section of the filter.
- Add fresh cold water to the hopper, placing the lid on once full. Wait for the water to filter through and for the tank empty warning light to go out.
- To prime your machine for its next use, set the dial to 4oz and press the start /stop button, to dispense a volume of hot water. Once complete, press the start/ stop button again to dispense the remaining water to finish the cycle.
- Replace the cleaned bottle stand, then your machine is ready to use.
NOTE: If you are also changing your Tommee Tippee water filter, press the filter reset button for 2 seconds to clear the machine memory before using for a feed.